The Complete Freedom Trail
- Starting Point: In front of the Massachusetts State House
- Ending Point: The USS Constitution, Charlestown Navy Yard
- Who should take this tour: People with a passion for history who wish to explore the entire Freedom Trail and gain a real understanding of the events leading to the American Revolution.
- Time & Mileage: 10:00AM to 2:00PM. Distance: 2.65 miles. Click the “Book Now” button below to see exact dates available.
- Maximum tour attendees permitted: 16
If you are looking for a tour that covers the entire Freedom Trail, this is it! This is the most comprehensive tour of the Freedom Trail you will find and includes all stops, including actually visiting Bunker Hill and the USS Constitution.
The Freedom Trail connects sixteen locations in historic Boston. Each is interesting in its own right, but together, they tell the story of the conflicts that lead to the Colonist’s decision to risk everything they held dear and challenge the greatest military power in the world for the right to form a new nation.
Your tour will include a stop at each of the sixteen sites to learn its significance in the events that lead to the Boston Massacre, the Boston Tea Party, the battles of Lexington and Concord, the Battle of Bunker Hill and the subsequent departure of British forces from Boston Harbor.
Our tour narration weaves the events of the Revolution together into a cohesive story of the people and events that took place in Boston from the time of the first settlers in 1630 until war raged in Massachusetts and beyond.
The focus is on the people and key events of the Revolution. What really happened, who made it happen, and the outcomes of events like the Tea Party, Massacre, and Battle of Bunker Hill.
- Notes: This tour does not include entrances and admission fees to interiors of buildings such as Old South Meeting House, the Old State House or the home of Paul Revere. We’re happy to give advice on which buildings to visit after your tour ends.
- Adults: $78.99 ($74.52 + $4.48 fee)
- Seniors (65+): $73.99 ($69.81 + $4.19 fee)
- Youths (Under 16): $73.99 ($69.81 + $4.19 fee) (Please note, we do not recommend this tour for children under 12 years old.)
- Little Ones (Under 4): Free
- Private Tour: $790 ($745.23 +$44.27) (maximum of 20) Please visit the Private Tours page for more information.
Weather and Cancellations
I attempt to offer all tours, rain or shine, except when the weather is simply too severe. Tours will cancel if there is a threat of thunderstorms or similarly challenging or dangerous weather.
If you wish to cancel your participation in a public tour, you may do so using the contact form or the email and phone contacts in your tour confirmation letter. Persons who cancel with at least 18 hours from the start of the tour will receive a full refund. If you need to cancel with less notice, let me know. I always attempt to reschedule with no penalty. Cancellations or “no-shows” that cannot be reschedule are not eligible for a refund.